As you are probably aware, Perks at Work was offline offline until Wednesday 11/2 at 1pm EST. We pride ourselves in bringing you great employee discounts and, in particular this time of year, we have lined up tremendous savings in advance of the holidays. I wanted to share what happened and answer several questions we have received from members, and express in advance my appreciation of your patience and engagement with Perks at Work.
- We had a hardware failure that impacted the servers that host perksatwork.com. While our team worked around the clock to bring-up the backup servers, we experienced a series of challenges that kept us from quickly resolving the issue (and restoring our ability to communicate to you).
Is everything back to normal?
- All the “click-out” discounts are available (aka: the discounts you “click out” to other sites for). We are still bringing back some of the discounts you can buy directly on Perks at Work – what we call OneCart – so tickets, flowers and travel are impacted with expectations will be back tomorrow.
Is my data at risk?
- No. This was not a hack or security breach.
I was about to take advantage of some of the limited time discounts. Will the deadline for those be extended?
- We have been in contact with our merchant partners to extend the timing and most have agreed to extend. This will include better than normal employee discounts from brands such as Lenovo, GE, HP, FTD, Samsung, and more – and for those members that love WOWPoints on top of the discounts, we have compiled some incredible WOWPoints boosts.
I have more questions.
- We will continue to post and answer question in our help center blog. You can also reach out to our customer service team here. You can follow our Twitter (@PerksatWork) for live updates in the future.
So, appreciate your patience and we will continue to negotiate on your behalf for your holiday purchases – from big box retailers to local and small business. Many offering 10-20%+ off, which hopefully will make a difference to your budget this year.
Greg, Senior Partner Perks at Work
Still need help?
For more help, contact us by clicking here.